Back To School – Are you Ready?
With the summer winding down, students, children and parents across Nova Scotia are turning their attention to getting ready for the new school year.
Public Libraries can help, check out our Back to School Checklist below to help get you ready:
- Sign up for a Library Card – library cards are free and so are the services libraries offer, anyone can get one, sign up for yours
- Visit your local public library or check out their website to find out about resources or homework help services they offer students – to find your closest branch consult the public libraries map
- Browse through your library’s online catalogue and Overdrive (ebook and audio book collection) – find recommended reads and what’s new, including the new “Read Local” Nova Scotia collection
- Questions? – contact your local library, help is just a phone call or email away
Public libraries in Nova Scotia encourage lifelong learning, promote literacy and foster the love of reading. They are meeting places that connect people and gateways to information for individuals of all ages and backgrounds.
Public Libraries offer:
- free high-speed Internet access, wifi hotspots and computers
- community gathering places
- friendly helpful staff
- online access to library collections and services
- downloadable eBooks and audiobooks
- books, information and research resources
- literacy and tutoring services
- access to materials from other libraries
- accessibility software on all public computers
- authoritative online information such as valuable research databases
- destinations for readers
- health information
- programs for people of all ages