February 1, 2018
African Heritage Month – Fiction Booklist
Public libraries across the province are celebrating African Heritage Month with programs and events for children and adults, book displays, activities, resources, and more.
You can find these novels and books of fiction, contact your local public library for more information, and find out what’s happening - http://publiclibraries.ns.ca
- Fifteen dogs / Andre Alexis. Coach HouseBooks, c2015.
- What we all long for: a novel / Dionne Brand. Knopf Canada, c2005.
- Africville my home / Leslie Carvery. Leslie Carvery, c2016.
- They never told me: and other stories / Austin Clarke. Exile Editions, c2013.
- George & Rue / George Elliott Clarke. HarperCollins, c2005.
- The motorcyclist / George Elliott Clarke. HarperCollins Publishers Ltd., 2016.
- Half-blood blues / Esi Edugyan. Thomas Allen Publisher, c2011.
- Independence: a novel / Cecil Foster. HarperCollinsPublishers Ltd., c2013.
- The book of negroes / Lawrence Hill. Toronto: HarperCollins, c2007.
- The illegal: a novel / Lawrence Hill. HarperCollins Publishers Ltd, c2015.
- Daughters who walk this path: a novel / Yejide Kilanko. Penguin Canada, 2012.
- The return / Dany Laferrière ; translated by David Homel. Douglas & McIntyre, 2011.
- Big town: a novel of Africville / Stephens Gerard Malone. Vagrant Press/Nimbus Publishing, c2011.
- Ashes of my dreams / Stella Shepard. Acorn Press, 2016.
- Music in the dark: a novel / Anthony Sherwood. Pottersfield Press, c2015.
- Chasing freedom: a novel / Gloria Ann Wesley. Fernwood, c2011.
- If this is freedom: a novel / Gloria Ann Wesley. Roseway Publishing, 2013.